Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wednesday Night ponderings


For those unfamiliar with the 'series', then the photos here are from the T V show of "Red Dwarf", for which I am a big fan of theirs! These are actual model kits of the more 'famous' Ships in that, while I'm sure that there's got to be some "figurines" for the folks from that somewhere. Anyone who has the 'skinny' on these, then please inform the rest of us, will ya? Now, I've also got some "Robo-Mech" type minis of a plastic nature, for which I have no idea of their 'origin', and I'm wondering if anyone else can assist me on finding out more about them. I don't have a photo of these so I'll just have to describe these as best that I can. They are of the hard plastic kinds, stand about '2'-inches tall, and are of '2' types in '2' different colors of plastic-Tan or Beige & Green. They are very articulated in that their limbs can be positioned including turning their heads. These are also quite 'squat' appearing and heavily 'armed' as well, with backpacks of weaponry, and the 'guns' even can be moved about. There's even some 'gun turrets' on the sides of their heads!, while they hold a 'grease gun' looking weapon as well. It even looks as if you could mount something upon their forearms in the way of weapons, of which those have 'places' above and below these for something. They may have been part of a set for 'Minis' gaming purposes, or just something that was done as a 'promo' item of some sort. Any assistance upon this matter is greatly appreciated then, so an advance 'Thank You' from me to whomever can provide the 'answer' to this query.

3 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger Coldfoot said...

Believe it or not, I am using a "Red Dwarf" mouse pad at this moment.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger GROGnads said...

Well, I 'had' a "Star Wars" 'Stormtrooper' one myself, until my nephew & nieces go ahold of this and 'abused' it to pieces. It's okay as it wasn't a '3'-button kind, of which I still have my original that I got with my computer from DELL. This is one of the very FIRST 'ones' to have that accursed 'X P' in them. You can 'see' where my 'sentiments' are on THEM!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Steadman said...

Yawn.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home